Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Woman Who Follows The Crowd Will Usually Go No Further Than The Crowd. The Woman Who Walks Alone Is Likely To Find Herself In Places She Has Never Been Before - Albert Einstein



I remember in the beginning of my hair journey I played it safe. My braid outs & twist outs needed to be neat, super defined, and most importantly they needed to be tamed. I was honestly afraid of what people would think of me, and didn't want to "scare" a lot of my ultra conservative friends. That surely isn't living for me, and I most certainly can't appreciate ME in all of my glory if I am constantly worrying about what others think. Not only was the decision to go "natural" a result of me wanting healthy hair, but it was also directly related to wanting complete and total perfect peace. I wanted to cease all feelings of insecurity, and be completely happy with myself as-is.

The more I started to accept WHO I was, the more liberated and free I became. Being liberated breeds happiness, it means an extinction of suffering, and desire, and replaces those feelings with that of contentment. I am no longer concerned with how people view me, you see I was created perfect as is. Those silly mores of beauty, and sex appeal mean nothing to me, as I was equipped with everything I could ever need at birth.


I love looking through inspiration pics of women who exude confidence, inner beauty and strength, and wanted to share those with you today.








9 comments:

  1. great post! i will be free (i know if) once i go back as a natural :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an awesome post!! so true..i wish everyone thought this way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely wonderful. im at the beginning of transitioning right now and its tremendously hard. I understand how conditioned i've been to adore long straight hair that for a long time I did not see beauty in its absence. I think going natural will 1. save me money (ha) 2. allow me to be me and 3. thank God for what He gave me. in the meantime, I need all the inspiration and motivation I can find. So thank u tremendously for this post

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ErickaKayne Thank you very much for the love. Allowing yourself to just be free, uniquely you is a wonderful feeling. Transitioning is definitely hard, yet the changes your psyche goes through in relation to your thoughts about yourself outweigh the cons. I wish you the best of luck in your transition, and hope you pass that inspiration along to another :-) Like your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me to really get to know myself! I am just now at the stated of mind the I know I want to transition so hopefully I will find true beauty along the way !

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i love the quote that you put as the title.Also i am in that same boat were i am constantly worried about what people think about me but since i am going natural i feel a bit free and liberated and not really caring about other people's opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this post! It describes where I am in life exactly. I had been concerned about "scaring" my coworkers, the customers, and even afraid of drawing too much attention to myself with BIG hair. But over the past couple of weeks I have noticed a change in attitude. One from being self conscious to an "i really don't care" attitude. And as a result I am rocking my funky big hair with my damaged ends just hanging lol

    Happily Transitioning =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails